10 Reasons to Eat Tomatoes
Looking for the perfect fruit (or vegetable, depending on who you ask)? Look no further than the beautiful, red, round tomato. Tomatoes are chock full of vitamins and nutrients, and can help you get and stay healthy. Here are 10 great reasons to add the tomato to your regular diet:
1. Tomatoes are full of vitamins, C and, as well as potassium.
2. Tomatoes are naturally low in saturated fat, sodium, calories and cholesterol
3. One serving of tomatoes has 2 grams of Fiber and a high water content, so you will get full sooner and not be hungry- great for losing weight!
4. Tomatoes provide many vitamin benefits. This fruit contains thiamin, vitamin B6, niacin, copper , phosphorus and magnesium which all contribute to being healthy.
5. The lycopene and beta-carotene in tomatoes help your skin look great
6. The calcium and vitamin K in tomatoes help strengthen your bones
7. Lycopene and the antioxidants in tomatoes can help reduce the risk of many cancers
8. The Chromium in tomatoes can help regulate blood sugar
9. Be kind to your eyes! The vitamin A in tomatoes can improve vision and possibly reduce the risk of macular degeneration. Vitamin A also helps keep your hair strong and looking great
10. Chronic pain can be reduced by eating tomatoes. The carotenoids and bioflavonoids work as anti-inflammatory agents